Friday, September 11, 2020

MORNING WORSHIP THIS SUNDAY - This Week at Old South Haven Church -



 Dear Members and Friends of Old South Haven Church,

Please join us this coming Sunday for a Zoom Service with Pastor Glorya beginning her time with us.  The details for joining the service are below.  

Please also see Pastor Glorya's first letter to our congregation, which is attached and also pasted below.  

Old South Haven Church continues to move forward and I hope that you will make every effort to be on Zoom this coming Sunday to welcome Pastor Glorya.

Again, a thanks to Pastor Ralph who helped us through the tough times of the pandemic and gave us a wonderful sermon each week.

God Bless,
Linda

You are invited to join Sunday Worship
Topic: Zoom Sunday Church Service
Time: Sep 13, 2020 09:45 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/2425544200?pwd=M3JpbUVPMWplL3FHWjlGR1pmK0c2dz09

Meeting ID: 242 554 4200
Passcode: 092003
One tap mobile
+16468769923,,2425544200#,,,,,,0#,,092003# US (New York)
+13017158592,,2425544200#,,,,,,0#,,092003# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
    
       
A Message from Pastor Glorya Johnson

September 7, 2020

Dear Sisters and Brothers in Christ,

While I cannot promise I will write you an epistle each week I will attempt to do so at least once a month and more if moved by the Spirit.  However, I read something last week that seemed apropos for our time together this week. 

Earlier this year The Christian Century magazine asked for readers, who felt called to do so, to write essays on various topics.  The essays have then been printed in the magazine at least monthly.  In the August 12th edition nine essays reflecting on the word "Dawn" were printed.  Several of the first essays were frankly pretty depressing with dawn being correlated with death, addiction, cancer diagnoses, etc.   I thought….this is dawn?

However, the final essay began, "'My sister's name is Morning Dove and brother's name is Rain, I cried out to my husband.  I was trying to contemplate how I was going to fit into my biological family with which I had just made contact at the age of 28.  Every fiber of me felt the fear of not fitting in anywhere, of being different yet again.  How will they ever accept a woman from Connecticut with two children, a husband, and a dog?  For good ness sake, the only thing I don't have is a white picket fence…..I looked to my husband for reassurance, 'Honey they will love you,' he said, 'you will fit right in.'"  As she continued to voice her doubts her husband finally said, "You don't see any connection here?  Morning Dove, Rain, and Dawn?"  The essay was written by Dawn Adams of Brimfield, Massachusetts

When I originally saw the word "DAWN" on the cover of the Century I thought, I know what dawn means.  It means a new day, sunshine, brightness, and in a round about way, a new beginning.  And it hit me….this is where you and I find ourselves.  We're about to begin a new journey together.  You, and I have similar feelings with Dawn,.  As we all begin a new journey together we have our doubts, our questions, and yet…….and yet we  also have our trust in God.   No matter where this journey takes us we have God making the journey with us.  God may not steer us down a different path if it's not the right one at the time, but God will be at the end of the path to welcome us in a new direction….a new dawn.  I look forward to this journey, this ministry, with you to see where we're led.  I hope you're excited for where each dawn takes us.  I know I am.
 
Shalom,
Glorya
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment